Have you ever wanted to run a half marathon? Have you attempted one but for some reason were unable to run or complete it? If so, you may be in luck! Prince William Half would like to help two people – Half Marathon Newbies – reach their goal of completing a half marathon.
For the past 10 years, the half marathon has been the fastest growing race distance in the U.S. It’s a challenging distance and a huge accomplishment. But at the same time we feel its a realistic goal for almost anyone since training for it isn’t overly consuming nor taxing on your body. And of course, its our favorite distance. ; )
- Applicants must complete a short application by May 30th.
- Applications will be reviewed and the winners will be announced on June 6th.
- Winners will “officially” start their training on June 19th – which is 14 weeks prior to the Prince William Half Marathon on September 25.
- Winners will be supplied a training plan but are not required to use it and may follow any plan that they chose.
- Winners will be featured in emails/social media in the months of June, July, August and September.
- Each month (for the months of June, July, August and September) winners will be sent a Runner Update Questionnaire which must be completed and sent back along with a picture of something related to their training (i.e. a picture of new running shoes or a new road they train on, picture of them running)
- The morning of the race, the winners will be introduced to the crowd prior to the start of the Prince William Half Marathon race.
Our Prince William Half Newbie winners for 2016 have been selected! We will make an announcement in early 2017 when the contest will open for our 2017 race.
Congratulations Allison Michaud and Utpal Shah for being selected as our 2016 Prince William Half Newbie contest winners. Click below for more information on our winners and read up on their progress throughout their training!