The USATF certified course starts and ends at Jiffy Lube Live, Prince William County’s premiere concert venue for national musical acts located in Bristow, VA. Runners will be treated to gently rolling hills in a beautiful countryside setting while progressing through the Manassas National Battlefield Park. All roads are paved. We encourage you to soak in multiple historical sites such as the New York Monuments, the Stonehouse, the Dogan House and the Brawner Farm House. Click on the images below to view a larger image of the course and the course elevation.
Course Aid Stations: Each course aid station will have water, Gatorade, GU, portable bathrooms and medical aid. Aid stations are located at mile markers 2, 3, 4, 6, 8.75 and 11. CLIF Original & Whey Bars are available after the race.
Course Time Limit: The official course time limit is 3 hours and 30 minutes (16:00/mile pace). Runners must clear mile marker 5 by 8:20 am and Miler Marker 9 by 9:25 am. If at any time a participant drops behind those time limits, the participant will be picked up in the “bone collector” tail vehicle.
Click on the picture below to view a video of the course. PLEASE NOTE: This preview video was shot last spring and the race is held the fall so you don’t get to see just how beautiful it is in the video!
You can easily track your runner friend or family member using the RaceJoy app which is available for ios and android users. Runners, carry your phone while you run and RaceJoy can offer live tracking, progress alerts and send-a-cheer. The app can be downloaded at any time.
Some key RaceJoy features include:
GPS Progress Alerts
- Receive GPS-based progress alerts at every mile on the course that provide your pace and estimated finish time.
- Post alerts on your Facebook and Twitter walls.
- Have friends and family track your performance.
Live GPS Tracking (Map View)
- Supporting spectators can track you live as you progress along the race course – from home or at the race site.
- NearMe proximity alerts let spectators know you are drawing near.
- Find each other using RaceJoy’s MeetUp tool.
- Receive fun, motivational audio cheers from your supporting fans while you run.
- Send custom cheers with RaceJoy’s new Text-to-Cheer.
- Start sending cheers to others doing the race at any time!
For more information on RaceJoy, click here.